Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake

Happy Thanksgiving!  One of my favorite times of the year had come and gone.  One of my most request recipes in my Pumpkin cake.  I have made this for several years now and decided to tweak it a bit.  Normally I would use sour cream which always keeps it so moist.  This year however, I wanted to try switching the sour cream for this vanilla honey Greek yogurt that I absolutely love.  I think I made a wonderful choice.  The yogurt took it to another level.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family.  Indulge!






INGREDIENTS

STREUSEL
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons butter

CAKE
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 cup vanilla honey Greek yogurt (I normally use sour cream, but decided to try yogurt instead and will never return to sour cream ;) )
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

GLAZE (Optional)
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream (depending on desired consistency more or less may be added)



DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter or spray Bundt pan.

FOR STREUSEL:
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl.  Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.

FOR CAKE BATTER:
Combine flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.  Beat sugar and butter in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add pumpkin, yogurt and vanilla, mix well.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.

TO ASSEMBLE:
Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan.  Sprinkle Streusel over batter, not allowing the Streusel to touch sides of pan.  Top with remaining batter.  Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.  Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.  Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.  Drizzle with Glaze.

FOR GLAZE:
Combine sifted powdered sugar, cinnamon and heavy cream; stir until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment