Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nutella No-Bake Cookies

The first time I ever had this cookie was when I was in junior high school and I thought it was the best thing I had ever tasted.  Every time the ladies in the cafeteria would make them I would always take one and sometimes two.  As I got older I came across a recipe for them and was thrilled to know I could continue to enjoy them.  Since becoming a fan of nutella I thought I would incorporate it into this recipe and oh my goodness I didn't think it could taste any better.  Hard to believe that such a simple cookie could be so amazing.  Indulge!


Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup nutella
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups cooking oaks
A pinch of salt

Directions
In a medium sauce pan add sugar, butter, cream and chocolate.  Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, nutella and vanilla until smooth, then stir in oats.  Either drop by heaping tablespoons onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet or you could drop them in a cute cookie cutter as I did.  Place into refrigerator for 30 minutes until set.  


No comments:

Post a Comment